Facebook Badge

Thursday, May 21, 2009

It's been a while... Yitian's sick..:(

It has been a long time since I have updated my blog....

Yes, I have returned to work. I missed sending Yitian to playgroup terribly. I loved to see her wake up and busy myself preparing her to go to class. Well now, I can only do that on my off days.

The reason why I'm able to update my blog today is also not a good one. Yitian's sick. Mr Kho and I brought her to NUH Children's A&E this morning. She has been running a fever since Monday night. Her temperature was under control usually after medication, but once the effect wears off, it bounces back up. I got a scare today as at 4am, Yitian was fidgetting so I touched her and realised that she's hot. Took her temperature and it was 39.9degreesC, 2nd time 40degreesC! Too many days too long! So picked her straight out from bed and we left the house.

At the A&E triage, she cried as the blood pressure bandage squeezed her arm. Well, she never had that done before so I can imagine the fear. The nurse wanted to put on the pulse rate monitor on her after that but Yitian screamed..so mission aborted. The doctor wanted to test her blood and it was done through finger prick. The nurse did that and Yitian started crying..Poor girl, already not feeling well..The nurse had to squeeze quite a few drops of her blood into a small tube and it really took a while. Mr Kho and I really had to entertain our little girl to keep her mind off the process.

After that we had to wait for an hour for the results to come back and Yitian said she wanted to go Mummy's working place. And I was really worried about work today as it was a full clinic so I had to go in and handover some matters. Worried also, because in my entire working life, this was the 1st time I'm taking urgent leave!

Well now I'm at home...Yitian's finally fallen asleep after her 2nd dose of medication. I really hope she will recover by today...

No comments:

Post a Comment